Recommended links and other resources
- The Grey Zone: A research group at UiT The Arctic University of Norway that focuses on multiple challenges around understanding and addressing "grey zone" or hybrid threats and warfare
- European Digital Media Observatory
- Tackling COVID-19 disinformation - Getting the facts right: a communication from the European Commission
- Digital Services Act proposed by European Commission
- European Democracy Action Plan proposed by European Commission
- Presentasjon av den nye samfunnssikkerhetsmeldingen og langtidsplanen for Forsvaret
- The Spread of Misinformation Online, interview with Neil F. Johnson
- KennanX Episode 10: "'You Can't Say That!' - Political Correctness, Russian-style
- The Sunday Read: ‘The Agency’, a New York Times “The Daily” podcast about the Russian Internet Research Agency.
Pandemic Politics in Eurasia: Roadmap for a New Research Subfield Full citation: Marlene Laruelle, Mikhail Alexseev, Cynthia Buckley, Ralph S. Clem, J. Paul Goode, Ivan Gomza, Henry E. Hale, Erik Herron, Andrey Makarychev, Madeline McCann, Mariya Omelicheva, Gulnaz Sharafutdinova, Regina Smyth, Sarah Wilson Sokhey, Mikhail Troitskiy, Joshua A. Tucker, Judyth Twigg & Elizabeth Wishnick (2020) Pandemic Politics in Eurasia: Roadmap for a New Research Subfield, Problems of Post-Communism, https://doi.org/10.1080/10758216.2020.1812404
The online competition between pro- and anti-vaccination views Full citation: Johnson, N.F., Velásquez, N., Restrepo, N.J. et al. The online competition between pro- and anti-vaccination views. Nature 582, 230–233 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-020-2281-1
Slipping Racism into the Mainstream: A Theory of Information Laundering Full citation: Klein, Adam. 2012. Slipping Racism into the Mainstream: A Theory of Information Laundering. Communication Theory 22 (2012) 427–448.
- The following books have been acquired as ebooks by UiT’s UB and some are also available through booksellers and audible.com
- Lepore, Jill. 2020. If Then: How the Simulmatics Corporation Invented the Future. Liveright.
- Rid, Thomas. 2020. Active measures: The secret history of disinformation and political warfare. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
- Howard, Philip N. 2020. Lie Machines: How to Save Democracy from Troll Armies, Deceitful Robots, Junk News Operations, and Political Operatives. Yale University Press.
- Stengel, Richard. 2019. Information Wars: How We Lost the Global Battle Against Disinformation and What We Can Do About It. Grove Atlantic.
- Wylie, Christopher. 2019. Mindf'ck: Cambridge Analytica and the plot to break America. New York: Random House.
- Jankowicz, Nina. 2020. How to Lose the Information War: Russia, Fake News, and the Future of Conflict. I. B. Tauris & Company, Limited.